Finally the day has come when fish takes the first place on your menu and it is a day when the fish is the top dish of the day. You heard somewhere that fish is considered to be easier digestive kind of meat that is easy to eat and digest and at the same time it contains even more vitamins, nutrients and Omega 3 oils than any other kind of meat. Many doctors around the world highly recommend people to consume more fish than pork or any other high fat meat.
Enjoy this pink-fleshed fish that tastes so good and there are millions of recipes where you can use salmon and make the dish of the day incredibly tasty. The tender texture it has can fit great when making a unique dish to surprise our guests. The color of the salmon opens up appetite and attracts the eye. Like many other fish, salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. Scientists proved that eating salmon will lower the risk of getting a heart disease.
I will share with you my top recipe that I use for special guests for special occasions. It is called spicy citrus grilled salmon with asparagus. This dish is so elegant and tasty that you will never be done with its taste and you will like to try it more and more. Every time you will discover a new taste for you as it has a rich flavor. If you want to make this dish for 4 people, then make sure you have these ingredients to be added to the dish;
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets;
- 1 table-spoon of brown sugar;
- 1/2 table-spoon of chili powder;
- 1 table-spoon of ground cumin;
- some salt and black pepper;
- 12 pieces of asparagus
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (arugula, spinach, baby lettuce)
- 1 peeled and sliced orange;
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved;
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Salad dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 ounce orange juice (2 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
We need to do the following activities to have our amazing dish ready for our valuable guests.
- Firstly, let’s combine brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and rub this substance over the whole fish and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Secondly, we need to start grilling asparagus for 10 minutes. Also we need to grill the fish, skin it and grill for 5 minutes each side.
- Our third step will be tossing greens and arranging them on four separate dinner plates. We will top them with grilled salmon and garnish with orange pieces, asparagus, tomatoes, feta, and walnuts. Keep the same order as this is the key part of this dish.
Every portion contains 471 calories.
Alternatively, you can make another very popular dish that is called Pecan-Crusted Salmon again for four people.
What we need?
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs (whole wheat panko is now available)
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- fresh lemon cut in wedges
How to make this dish?
Firstly, let’s sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and then combine mustard and honey to brush on the salmon as its coating.
Second step will be mixing bread crumbs, pecans, and parsley to sprinkle over the salmon and press down into honey and mustard coating.
Once all the procedures are done we need to bake the salmon at 400°F for 15 minutes.
When serving the salmon, do not forget to add lemon slices to make it even more appetizing.
This dish contains 265 calories.
Use these dishes on your daily diet and you will decrease the risk of getting some diseases because of unhealthy food. These dishes are offered by world famous nutritionists and are highly popular especially in the USA.