Suppose you like avocados. In that case, you should try cooking them in an air fryer!
My kids frequently ask for these super delicious air fryer avocados.
Inside, you’ll find a soft, creamy, warm avocado with a beautiful crispy breaded shell. It’s the ideal combo, and it’s pretty addictive!
Why Should You Make Avocado Fries in an Air Fryer?
Avocado fries are ideal for air frying since the air fryer crisps the outside of the “fried” and makes it crunchy and brown without overcooking the middle and turning the avocado to mush.
It’s also quick and simple. While one avocado is air-frying, bread the next one and have it ready to fry when the first batch is finished. Just remember to spray your air fryer basket with non-stick spray to keep things from sticking.
Which Avocados are Best for This Recipe?
I chose Avocados that are firm and just beginning to ripen but not yet soft. You want it to give just a little when pressing down on the avocado. You don’t want it to be as soft as guacamole.
When you cook the avocado in the air fryer, it will soften due to the baking and heat, giving it the right texture! Overly soft avocados will become mushy and practically impossible to eat. They’re also tricky to coat with breadcrumbs.
Are Avocado Fries Good for You?
YES! Anything made with avocado is healthy for us. Avocados contain lots of healthy fats that help you overcome obesity.
Avocados offer high nutrients such as
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Pantothenic acid
- Magnesium and potassium
- Vitamins C, E, K, and B-6
Avocados contain 25 mg per ounce of natural plant sterol called beta-sitosterol. It helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels when consumed regularly.
Half an avocado has around 25% of the daily required vitamin K intake. This vitamin is sometimes overlooked, but it is necessary for bone health!
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and cut into 8 slices
- non stick cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In a second bowl, add egg and water and beat slightly.
- In a third bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat the avocado slices with flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture and finally, coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Spray the avocado slices with cooking spray evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the avocado slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the avocado fries once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the avocado fries from Air Fryer and serve.