If you are a non-vegetarian, then you indeed love to eat beef. However, have you ever tried making beef more fun and delicious to eat? To your surprise, you can make crispy beef jerky. They are like fries but more enhanced in taste and texture.
Beef jerky is a protein-packed snack. You can prepare it easily at home. It is a crispy, tasty, and flavourful snack that you will love to eat. You can prepare beef jerky in an air fryer.
An air fryer can cook beef jerky in 15 minutes only. It is super easy to make.
What Ingredients Are Needed to Make the Marinade for Beef Jerky?
To prepare beef jerky marinade, you need sauces, brown sugar, spices, and liquid smoke.
- Sauces: soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili pepper sauce
- Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, black pepper,
Mix all these sauces and seasonings with brown sugar and liquid smoke. Your beef jerky marinade will be ready.
How Long Should I Marinate the Beef Strips to Make Beef Jerky?
Place beef strips in a bowl once coated with the prepared marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for one night. The coating will soak the beef strips with sauces and spices thoroughly in this period.
Is Air Fryer Beef Jerky Good for Our Health?
Beef jerky is one of the healthiest snacks. It is abundant in proteins and minerals. The protein richness of beef jerky strengthens the muscles. It is also considered a weight loss diet low in fats. However, please do not eat beef jerky excessively. Too much beef jerky is not suitable for you. Make sure that beef jerky is thoroughly fried. Otherwise, pathogens do not die and cause harm to your body. Hence, it is necessary to fry beef jerky thoroughly in an air fryer.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Beef Jerky
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cu[ soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp chili pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp hickory liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb button round beef trimmed and cut into thin strips
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, all sauces, liquid smoke, and spices.
- Add the beef strips and coat with marinade generously.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 180 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the beef strips from refrigerator and with paper towels, pat them dry.
- After preheating, arrange the beef strips into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 60 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the beef strips from Air Fryer and arrange onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet to cool completely before serving.