Breakfast French toast made in the healthiest manner possible! Air Fryer Coconut French Toast is a gluten-free, vegan, and top-eight allergy-free recipe that you’ll adore! Crisp coconut nirvana without damp bread and only a few simple ingredients!
Do you want a vegan breakfast or dessert? We’ve got you covered! Check out this quick and easy vegetarian air-fried coconut French toast recipe! The perfect sweet treat to get your day started.
These coconut air fryer coconut French toasts are to die for! These are vegan and gluten-free, and they’re the ideal recipe to eat healthy goals while still enjoying life’s sweetness.
Why to Air-Fry French Toast?
The trick to successful French toast is to cook it in an air fryer! To “cook” this bready breakfast delicacy, all you need is a dip in some coconut milk and baking powder, followed by shredded coconut. Put it in the air fryer, and you’ll have TOASTED Coconut French Toast in about 5 minutes! It turns out flawlessly and is so quick and easy to make that you might as well start making French toast every day.
Can I Make Some Variations In the Flavor?
Yes, you can substitute almond or coconut milk with regular milk to change the flavors. Also, instead of vanilla extract, you can use coconut or almond extracts.
Which Toppings & Substitutes Can I Use?
Because French toast isn’t sweet on its own, I like to add some real maple syrup. Other alternatives include jam or powdered sugar.
Berries are also great options, so with some fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, or even huckleberries, you’ll be able to add color, flavor, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to your air-fried French toasts.
If you don’t like cinnamon, use ground clove or nutmeg instead (or in addition to!)
Can I Make This Recipe Eggless?
Yes, you can use egg substitute instead of real eggs to make this recipe vegan or egg-free by using unsweetened soy or oat milk to replace the dairy readily.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Coconut French Toasts
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shredded
- 4 whole wheat vegan bread slices
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- Line the Air Fryer Basket with a piece of foil and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 430 degrees F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, place the almond milk and baking powder and blend well.
- In a second shallow bowl, place the coconut.
- Dip each bread slice into almond milk mixture and then coat with coconut.
- After preheating, arrange the bread slices into the prepared Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the French toast from Air Fryer and transfer onto a platter.
- Top with maple syrup and serve.