On Christmas Eve, all your family gathers around the dining table to spend time together and enjoy a perfect meal.
While you are responsible for cooking something unique and perfect, you also want to sit between them and enjoy instead of spending time in the kitchen.
This air fryer crispy PATA recipe is here to assist you in dodging the bullet!
What is the Basic Ingredient to Make Air Fryer Crispy PATA?
The critical ingredient is pork, a whole pork hock. The other ingredients may include some spices, oil, vinegar, onions, parsley, garlic, bay leaves, and some other vegetables of your choice. All these ingredients are used to give exciting flavors to your crispy PATA.
Can You Directly Cook the Pork Hock in the Air Fryer to Make Crispy PATA?
You can cook pork directly into the air fryer without any preparation. However, this will not result in a crispy PATA; it will be something else might be simple pork meat. To make Crispy PATA in the air fryer, you have to treat it properly like boiling, drying, coating, etc.
How to Prepare Pork Hock to Make Crispy PATA Using an Air Fryer?
First of all, you have to wash the pork entirely and then place it in water with onions, garlic, and other spices you like the most. Then bring it to boil on a high flame. After that, you have to let it boil on a low flame for about one and a half hours. Then get it out, coat it with vinegar and salt and let it dry for 6 hours.
How Long to Cook PATA in an Air Fryer?
Take the prepared pork hock and cook it into the air fryer for 15 minutes at 450° F. Then decrease the temperature to 350° F and cook for another 10 minutes to get it ready.
Air Fryer Crispy Pata
- 1 whole pork hock
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorn
- 2 star anise
- as required salt
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- as required ground black pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- In a large pan of water, add pork hock, onion, garlic, bay leaves, star anise, peppercorn and salt over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Adjust the heat to low and cook for about 1-1½ hours.
- Drain the pork hock completely and transfer into a bowl.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Coat the pork hock with vinegar evenly and then rub with salt and black pepper.
- Let the pork hock air dry for at least 6 hours.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 450 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Coat the pork hock with oil evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the pork hock into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, adjust the temperature to 350 °F for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pork hock from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Cut the pork hock into desired-sized pieces and serve.
More Dinner Recipes