Crabs are included in the raw seafood, and those who don’t like seafood must have tried it at least once. This could be the popularity it has gained or might be the taste and crunch it delivered when cooked perfectly. However, making carbs at home is not a good idea if you are not yet aware of this air fryer crumbed crab shells recipe. This recipe will make your work easy and fast as it gets ready in only 35 minutes.
Why Should You Use Your Air Fryer to Make This Delicious Dinner Cuisine?
Making crabs has never been an easy task and even more challenging to cook without boiling them. Therefore, it is suggested to use your air fryer to make them. It will save your time and effort to look after them when cooking in some open pan or an oven.
How to Season and Coat the Crabs for Making This Delicious Dinner?
First of all, you have to take crab shells and then soak them into a bowl of buttermilk. Please keep them in such condition for at least 10 minutes. Then you have to whisk eggs in a separate bowl and mix the seafood sauce with breadcrumbs and other ingredients in another bowl. After that, you have to take dipped crab shells and dip them again in the egg mixture. Now cover them with a mixture of breadcrumbs. Make sure to cover them entirely with this mixture. Now they are ready to cook in your air fryer.
Arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer’s basket. This will prevent the coating from falling off.
Preheating the air fryer is necessary to accelerate the cooking process and save time.
Serving them with a sauce such as chives, mayonnaise, and tartar sauce will double their taste.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Crumbed Crab Shells
- 4 soft crab shells cleaned
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp seafood seasoning
- 1½ tsp lemon zest grated
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- In a shallow bowl, place the buttermilk.
- In a second bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a third bowl, blend together the breadcrumbs, seafood seasoning, and lemon zest.
- Soak the crab shells into the bowl of buttermilk for about 10 minutes.
- Dip each crab shell into beaten eggs and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 375 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the crab shells into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the crab shells from Air Fryer and transfer onto serving plates.
- Drizzle the crab shells with melted butter and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply