My go-to kitchen appliance is now the air fryer. We make delicious mini-tater tots regularly using the air fryer in my house. Having air fryer chicken drumsticks has become my obsession now.
These maple mustard chicken drumsticks cooked in an air fryer are my family’s ultimate favorite; especially kids love them!
Getting to devour flavorful, crispier chicken drumsticks and thighs is one of the best things about purchasing an air fryer. It means CRISPY when I say crispy. Well, I have used the oven to bake chicken wings and legs, but the air fryer scorns that method and produces next-level crunchy, moist chicken.
What Is So Different About It?
Air fryer maple mustard chicken drumsticks are without a doubt the most incredible chicken legs I have ever cooked. Feel crunchy, scrumptiously caramelized maple and mustard glazed crispy skin on your tongue as you bite into it. As the marinade penetrates the chicken meat, you can savor the sweet, savory, and tangy sauce once you are done with your skin and start tasting the meat. It’s pretty addictive, and the most significant part is that it’s pretty easy to produce.
How to Reheat the Leftover Drumsticks?
For reheating the drumsticks using an air fryer, place the already cooked drumsticks into the air fryer basket, set the air fryer to 350 degrees F, and heat it for 5 minutes.
Is It Healthy to Eat Chicken Drumsticks?
Chicken drumsticks are an excellent source of vital amino acids, minerals, and vitamins, especially proteins.
Some Pro Tips to Cook Chicken Drumsticks in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer in the same way you would your oven.
- Alternate the drumsticks ‘ direction to maximize the number of chicken legs that can fit an air fryer’s basket.
- It is not essential to add any fat because the skin of the chicken contains enough fat to crisp on its own.
More Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Peach Glazed Chicken
- Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
- Air Fryer Kabobs
Air Fryer Maple Mustard Chicken DrumsticksDelicious chicken drumsticks the whole family will love to enjoy…
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp fresh rosemary minced
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounces) boneless chicken drumsticks
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, add the mustard, maple syrup, oil, herbs, salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Add the drumsticks and coat with the mixture generously.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 320 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken drumsticks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes of cooking, flip the chicken drumsticks and adjust the temperature to 355 °F for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken drumsticks from Air Fryer and serve.
NutritionCalories: 100kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 178mgPotassium: 46mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 18IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂