I enjoy using my air fryer for cooking delicious chicken meals. I enjoy trying out almost any new recipe in my air fryer. It is a fantastic little appliance that helps us make juicy and glazed meals in minutes.
Even the air fryer peach glazed chicken cooks up incredibly well in the air fryer and stays juicy and glazed.
This recipe is straightforward and quick to prepare with almost no preparation time (15 minutes max). As the glaze offers the chicken a lot of flavors, it doesn’t need any marinating. Also, the air fryer cooks it to perfection while locking in the moisture, resulting in juicy and tendered chicken with a luscious sticky, sugary glaze on top.
Can Frozen Chicken Breast or Thighs Be Used in This Recipe?
If you need to use frozen chicken thighs or breast pieces, increase the cooking time by a few minutes. Remember that the time it takes to cook should be altered depending on the thickness of the slash.
Is It Necessary to Preheat the Air Fryer for This Recipe?
Yes, preheating the air fryer is fundamental to cooking. If you do not preheat the air fryer, the chicken will remain uncooked inside and take extra time.
Peach Preserves or Fresh Peaches: Although fresh peaches can be used in this recipe, fresh fruits like peaches are available throughout the summer season but using peach preserves can save time.
Weight Watchers: To make a delicious Weight Watchers cuisine of no more than 1 point, use fat-free Italian dressing along with sugar-free peach preserves.
Chicken Cut: When I made this recipe, I used chicken drumsticks. You can also suitably use chicken breasts, wings, or thighs.
Substitute for Peaches: This recipe can also be made using apricot preserves or honey for making air fryer apricot or honey glazed chicken.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Peach Glazed Chicken
- ½ cup peach preserves
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, add peach preserves, mustard, soy sauce, chili powder and red pepper flakes over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 380 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Season each chicken thigh with salt and black pepper lightly.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken thighs into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer and spray with cooking spray.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 18-20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, flip the chicken thighs and spray with cooking spray.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken thighs from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Brush each chicken thigh with peach glaze evenly.
- Again, arrange the chicken thighs into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and adjust the temperature to 400 °F for 2-3 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken thighs from Air Fryer and serve.