The most beautiful breakfast treat is Air Fryer Potato Pancakes. These delicious air fryer potato pancakes are made using mashed potatoes, which are a great way to repurpose leftover potatoes.
Crispy on the outside, creamy and fluffy on the inside, and bursting with flavor, you’ll be reaching for another potato pancake every time!
Thanks to the Air Fryer, they come out crispy on the outside and tender inside!
Air Fryer Potato Pancakes Tastes Best with What?
Sour cream, ranch dressing, or a squirt, our favorite hot sauce, goes best with these pancakes. In my opinion, there is no incorrect way to consume a potato cake. Alternatively, you may eat it plain or season it with salt. It’s entirely up to you!
They go well with just about anything. Pair them hamburgers, pork chops, or meatloaf; the possibilities are endless.
What to Do with Any Leftover Potato Pancakes?
Put in a sealed jar in the refrigerator. You can easily keep them in the fridge for 1-2 days, no more than that. Each day, you’ll notice that they’re becoming softer and mushier.
How to Reheat Them?
Warm the frozen or leftover air-fried potato pancakes in the air fryer or the oven at 350 degrees until thoroughly warmed. I won’t lie: they’re best eaten right away, but they’re still good when reheated.
Is it Possible to Make Potato Pancakes with Fresh Mashed Potatoes?
You can make fresh mashed potatoes for this recipe; however, your potatoes must be chilled first. When they’re cold, their hardness helps them shape and hold their shape as they air-fried.
So, if you’re making fresh, chuck them in the fridge once they’re mashed to cool a bit. After the potatoes have cooled, you may start cooking potato pancakes in the Air Fryer.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Potato Pancakes
- 4 large russet potatoes peeled and shredded
- 2 tbsp vegan breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp salt and ground black pepper
- Ina large-sized bowl of cold water, soak the shredded potatoes and set aside for about 15-20 minutes.
- Through a colander, drain the potatoes and rinse under cold running water.
- Again, drain the potatoes completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the shredded potatoes and microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes, stirring after every 1minute.
- Remove from the microwave and place the potatoes onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- With more paper towels, pat dry the potatoes completely.
- In a bowl, place the potatoes, breadcrumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper and mix until well blended.
- With a spoon, place the potato mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and then shape each into a patty.
- Refrigerate the baking sheet for about 20minutes.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 360 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the pancakes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the pancakes once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the pancakes from Air Fryer and transfer onto a platter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining salt and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply