Feeling nervous when you have to prepare dinner for your whole family for the first time is normal!
However, you don’t need to worry at all as this delicious dinner recipe containing air fryer sausages, and bell peppers is here to boost your confidence.
This will allow you to make a delicious and flavorful dinner for your family without much hassle.
Why Should You Slice the Sausage for Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers?
It is possible to cook the whole sausages in the air fryer without slicing them. However, you have to cut them when making this dinner cuisine to make sure you cook it on time. Without slicing them, you need to cook them for a long time in an air fryer. Moreover, slicing them will also make them more flavorful. You can cook the bell peppers along with them in the air fryer to introduce their smoky flavor.
Why Use an Air Fryer to Make Sausage and Peppers?
First of all, it takes a little time to cook them in the air fryer, and you don’t have to take care of it like you are babysitting. The texture will be perfect, and you get juicy and flavorful sausage slices with a crispy crust. Moreover, the bell peppers or any other vegetables you are using in this recipe will absorb the juice released by the sausages and result in excitingly delicious veggies.
Can You Directly Arrange the Sausage and Peppers in the Air Fryer’s Basket?
Never place the sausage slices and peppers directly in the air fryer’s basket. This is because sausages release a lot of juice during the cooking process, creating a mess. Your peppers will also be deprived of sausage flavors. So always place a bowl in the air fryer’s basket and then pour your sausage and peppers in this bowl.
Air Fryer Sausage & Peppers
- 1 lb sausage links sliced
- 2 cups multi-colored bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking ¼spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 300 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the sausage mixture into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 30 minutes.
- While cooking, toss the sausage mixture after every 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the sausage mixture from Air Fryer and serve.
More Dinner Recipes