Air Fryer Semolina Cake is one of those eggless cake recipes that is great for any new baker because it is so easy to make with only a few pantry items.
This Air Fryer Semolina Cake is made without eggs, all-purpose flour, and butter. Isn’t that incredible? Plus, you don’t need any special measuring cups or spoons; any small dish from your kitchen will suffice.
What Exactly Is Semolina?
Semolina is granulated wheat. Northern Indians refer to it as sooji, whereas southern Indians refer to it as Rava; so, it is commonly known as sooji or rava. The word semolina is derived from the Italian word semolina which means “bran.”
What Type of Cake Is It?
Semolina, also known as Rava, Sooji, or Suji, is dried wheat durum formed by crushing husked wheat and is mainly used in Indian cuisine. So, a Semolina Cake is simply cake cooked using semolina as the main component without adding eggs, flour, and butter to hold the batter together.
Is It Healthy to Eat Semolina?
Yes, semolina is very healthful:
- Contains a lot of folates. Most people get around three-quarters of their daily folate from that cup of semolina.
- Protein-dense. Protein is found in every cell of your body
- High in iron. If you have iron deficiency, you can consume semolina in the form of this cake.
Essential Tips & Tricks:
- It’s worthwhile to invest in a decent pan for this dish. I simply used a cake pan for this recipe. You may also use an air fryer-safe cake tin that fits in, or the air fryer-safe pans come with the air fryer kit.
- I added raisins and walnuts in this semolina cake, as they taste best with semolina; however, you can also use other nuts of your choice.
- I recommend you put it on your kitchen counter in a sealed container for a day before storing it in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
More Dessert Recipes
- Air Fryer Strawberry Cheesecake Air Fryer Apple Crumble Air Fryer Christmas Gingerbread Cookies
Air Fryer Semolina CakeCombo of walnuts and raisin adds a delish texture in semolina cake!
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2½ cups semolina
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Grease a cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add semolina, oil, milk, yoghurt, and sugar and mix well.
- Cover and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of semolina mixture, add the baking soda, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of semolina mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and immediately adjust the temperature to 320 °F for 15 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the cake pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Now invert the cake onto wire rack to completely cool before slicing.
- Cut the cake into desired-sized slices and serve.
NutritionCalories: 643kcalCarbohydrates: 93gProtein: 15gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 13gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 231mgPotassium: 263mgFiber: 3gSugar: 37gVitamin A: 89IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 171mgIron: 3mgTried this recipe?Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below 🙂