This quick and easy dinner of air fryer spinach stuffed chicken breasts is filled with a creamy mixture of delicious feta-cheese and spinach along with the hint of garlic flavor. It is a restaurant-quality recipe that takes only minutes to prepare.
Air fried spinach stuffed chicken breasts are low in carbohydrates and can easily be added to your list of Healthy Chicken Dinner Recipes.
The best part of this recipe is that the air fryer uniformly cooks the chicken breasts while maintaining their tenderness and juicy texture.
Is It Possible to Use Frozen Spinach?
Definitely! Yes, you can use frozen spinach to make this recipe. You should see the following steps when using frozen spinach to make things easier for you:
- Preheat a pan and put the frozen spinach in it. It’s ok if there will be a lot of steam coming out of it.
- On low heat, stir the spinach constantly until its block breaks down.
- Using a colander, strain the defrosted spinach. Use a spoon to squeeze out water from it as much as possible.
- After that, you can quickly proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Suggestion on How to Serve:
Our air fryer spinach stuffed chicken breasts taste as they came directly from a fine restaurant. It can be served nicely with veggies or potatoes such as air fryer baked potatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, or sweet potato cubes.
Is It Possible to Stuff Chicken Breasts in Advance?
Absolutely, yes, you can stuff your chicken breasts with the spinach filling and keep them stored in an airtight container. But, do not keep it longer than 2 days; you should cook it within two days.
What is the Best Way to Store Stuffed Chicken Breasts?
Storage for a week: You can easily store it in an airtight container for up to a week.
Storage for a month: If you want them to store, put them in a freezer.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and cook the spinach and onion for about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for about 40-60 seconds.
- Remove the skillet from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Then, add the feta into spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Cut slits into the chicken breasts about ¼-inch apart but not all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with the spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt black pepper and paprika.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken breasts into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 25 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken breasts from Air Fryer and serve.