It’s no wonder why smoothie bowls have become so popular lately – you get all the nutrition of a healthy green smoothie with an added bonus of deliciousness! This Chocolate Smoothie Bowl recipe uses a combination of frozen banana and cocoa powder to add a big flavor and sweetness to the bowl. Adding coconut flakes on top is perfect for adding some extra crunchy texture. So whether you’re looking for something nutritious or simply craving something tasty, this decadent chocolate smoothie bowl will surely satisfy you!
How Do You Make A Smoothie Bowl Thicker?
The key to making a thick smoothie is to use frozen ingredients. Using fibrous, thick-skinned fruits and vegetables can also improve texture. Other thickening options include chia seeds, avocado, yogurt, and protein powder.
Is It Healthy to Eat A Smoothie Bowl Every Day?
Excessive amounts of nuts, seeds, peanut butter, and avocado can also raise the fat content — healthy fat, but still excessive. While smoothie bowls are naturally healthy, don’t overdo them with large portions and high-calorie ingredients.
This Chocolate Smoothie Bowl Is a Must-Try Because
- Fruit sweetened for healthier indulgence – Instead of sugar, we sweeten these smoothies with frozen bananas.
- Vegan option – By using non-dairy milk, this recipe becomes instantly vegan and just as tasty.
- Tastes like a peanut butter cup – Filled with chocolate and peanut butter, it has all of the candy’s irresistible flavor, but it’s so much better for you!
- Dessert or breakfast – Depending on the mix-ins, these smoothie bowls can serve as both a healthy breakfast and an indulgent dessert.
- Customizable – This simple chocolate smoothie bowl recipe can be topped with anything from protein powder to Oreo cookies.
What Are the Best Toppings For A Smoothie Bowl?
Now for the exciting part…the toppings! Here are a few of our personal favorites:
- Banana Slicing
- Chocolate Chia, hemp, and/or flax seeds with peanut butter granola
- Chia Seeds in Dark Chocolate
- Chopped Peanuts in Peanut Butter Drizzle
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- 4 large frozen bananas peeled and sliced
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- In ahigh-power blender, add all the ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer into 4 servingbowls and serve with your favorite topping.