If you want a brand-new, intriguing dessert recipe, why not try cranberry & orange mousse? This flavorful treat is sure to delight anyone who tries it. Cranberry & Orange Mousse is a delicious dessert that is easy enough for any level cook to make at home. Be sure to use either fresh or frozen cranberries for the best results. Try it out today—you won’t regret it. But before you get started, here are some frequently asked questions about making and eating this delicious dish. Read on to learn more.
What Kind of Cranberries Should I Use?
You can use fresh or frozen cranberries when making your mousse; however, it’s important to note that frozen cranberries will produce a slightly softer texture than fresh ones. If you choose frozen berries, ensure they are completely thawed before using them in the recipe.
Is It Possible To Prepare This Dessert Beforehand?
Yes! It’s best to make this dish ahead of time, so it has plenty of time to chill before serving. Up to three days before serving, the mousse can be prepared and kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to five days if stored properly.
Pro Tips To Make Perfect Cranberry & Orange Mousse:
- Even though more whipped cream as a garnish would be excessive, it wouldn’t be wrong.
- Whipping cream comes together quickly with cold beaters and a cold bowl.
You can decorate this mousse with homemade candied citrus peel and sparkling glazed cranberries. Both are optional and look and taste just as good without decorations. Alternatively, sprinkle some white chocolate curls on top; that would also be lovely.
More Dessert Recipes
Cranberry & Orange Mousse
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup honey Honey can be replaced with maple syrup.
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 2 tsp fresh orange zest grated very finely
- Add milk andcranberries in a high-speed blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add honey,orange juice and vanilla and pulse until well combined.
- Through a finesieve, strain the mixture into a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the mixturefor about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from theheat.
- Slowly add the gelatin or until dissolved completely, stirring continuously.
- Fold in orangezest.
- Transfer themixture into 4 serving bowls
- Refrigerate toset before serving.