Frozen vanilla custard is a delicious treat that has been around for almost 100 years. It’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. If you’ve ever wondered what frozen vanilla custard is and why it’s becoming more popular, this blog post is for you. We’ll cover the basics of frozen vanilla custard and answer frequently asked questions about it. So, let’s get started.
What is Frozen Vanilla Custard?
Frozen vanilla custard is a creamy treat that has been around since the 1920s. It’s made with fresh cream, sugar, eggs, whole milk, vanilla extract, and all-purpose flour. The result is a smooth, creamy dessert with a thick texture similar to ice cream but a slightly richer flavor.
Why Should I Try The Frozen Vanilla Custard Recipe?
Frozen vanilla custard is a fantastic frozen treat combining the creamy texture of custard with the icy goodness of ice cream. In addition to tasting great, the frozen vanilla custard recipe is also surprisingly simple. All you need are a few essential ingredients that you already have in your kitchen and very little preparation time. With frozen vanilla custard, you can relax knowing that you have satisfied your sweet tooth without waiting in line at an ice cream parlor. If that sounds like a fantastic treat to you, too, then give this frozen vanilla custard recipe a try.
Can I Buy It From The Store?
When buying store-bought frozen vanilla custard, check the label for any allergens like milk or eggs. Also, remember that some brands may add artificial flavors or colors, so read the labels carefully before purchasing. Finally, always serve frozen desserts within two hours after taking them out of the freezer, so they stay nice and creamy.
More Dessert Recipes
Frozen Vanilla Custard
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, addsugar, flour and salt and mix well.
- Slowly, add milk, beating continuously untilsmooth.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and cookuntil thickened and bubbly, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 2minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add a small amount of hotmilk mixture and eggs and mix well.
- Immediately, return the mixture into the panand bring to a gentle simmer, beating continuously.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, stirringcontinuously.
- Immediately, remove the pan from heat andtransfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Place the bowl in a pan of ice water forabout 2 minutes, stirring gently and occasionally.
- Remove the bowl from ice bath.
- Arrange a plastic wrap on top of custard andpress on the surface.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Place the custard into an ice cream in 2beaches and process according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer ice cream into freezer containersand freeze for about 2-4 hours or until set before serving.