Honey lemon pepper wings have become a popular dish at many restaurants. If you’re unfamiliar with this beautiful combination of sweet and savory, you should try it! Whether you’re a wing enthusiast or just looking for something new, here is the delicious recipe for honey lemon pepper wings.
Their sweet-tart flavor profile makes them an excellent appetizer or snack for any occasion. So why are you waiting? Give these tasty little morsels a try today!
What are honey lemon pepper wings?
Honey lemon pepper wings are deep-fried chicken wings tossed in a mixture of honey, lemon zest, and freshly ground black pepper. The sweetness from the honey balances out the tartness from the lemon zest and the spicy kick from the black pepper. It’s a delicious combination that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
Are honey lemon pepper wings healthy?
Yes, they can be part of a healthy meal if prepared correctly. Since these wings are not fried in deep oil but instead baked with just a touch of olive oil, they are fit to eat. Additionally, make sure to use fresh ingredients whenever possible and cut back on added sugars to reduce calories and fat content.
How to serve these wings?
Serve these chicken wings right away! Fresh and hot are when they taste best. These are great with freshly chopped parsley or sesame seeds on top.
Even though these wings are tasty, you can dip them in ranch or another dipping sauce.
Why bake rather than fry?
These hot wings can be deep-fried, but baking has many benefits. Baked wings are healthier because you won’t have to deal with the mess and smells associated with deep-frying, and you won’t have to wait by the stove. And they’ll still be delicious, crispy, and tender.
More Snack Recipes
Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2½ lb chicken wings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add chicken wings, oil,lemon pepper seasoning, ground ginger, paprika and salt and seal the bagtightly.
- Shake the bag vigorously to blend well.
- Refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of foil.
- Place the chicken wings onto the prepared bakingsheet and then arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small, non-sticksaucepan, add honey,lemon juice, zest, garlic powder and black pepper over high heat and cook forabout 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from oven and place the glazeinto a large bowl.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and coat thewings with glaze evenly.
- Immediately set the temperature of oven to 450 °F.
- Bake for about10 minutes.
- Serve warm.