A delicious, mouth-watering, and cheesy Italian dish: eggplant parmesan is the favorite of all of us. Being the hottest eatable at parties and gatherings, you often make it in large quantities. In the homes of teenagers, mothers prepare it for tiffins and snacks.
When continuously consuming this delightful meal, storing and reheating becomes your major concern. Here we have discussed all methods for reheating eggplant parmesan and other tips about storing it.
So, let’s dig in.
- Methods of Reheating Eggplant Parmesan?
- How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan in Oven?
- How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan in Air Fryer?
- How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan in Microwave?
- How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan on a Stove?
- Can You Eat Eggplant Parmesan Cold?
- How To Refrigerate Eggplant Parmesan?
- How Long Eggplant Parmesan Last in the Fridge?
- Can You Freeze Eggplant Parmesan?
- How To Freeze Eggplant Parmesan?
- How Long Eggplant Parmesan Last in the Freezer?
- Should You Thaw Eggplant Parmesan Before Reheating?
- Tips to Enhance Taste of Reheated Eggplant Parmesan
- Final Verdict
Methods of Reheating Eggplant Parmesan?
You can reheat your eggplant parmesan by these methods:
- In the oven (the best method)
- In an air fryer (a good option)
- In the microwave (not recommended)
- On the stove (not recommended)
How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan in Oven?
Reheating eggplant parmesan in an oven is the best and safest option. Here is a step-by-step guide on reheating in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put eggplant parmesan into an oven-safe dish.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes until your eggplant parmesan is fully warmed inside out.
- To enhance its taste, you can add more cheese and extra sauce.
- Wait further for 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese melts and starts bubbling.
- Take out your delicious eggplant parmesan and enjoy.
How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan in Air Fryer?
Here is the step-by-step method to heat eggplant parmesan in an air fryer:
- Set the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
- Take a bread pan and put the eggplant parmesan in it. You can also use parchment paper for placing eggplant parmesan.
- Fold the parchment paper from all sides to easily draw it out after heating.
- Wait for 5 minutes and then enjoy your meal.
As air fryers are super fast, sometimes the food seems to be completely heated up, but it remains cold from the inside. So, make sure to check if the food is thoroughly heated. You can check it by using a fork or knife.
How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan in Microwave?
We don’t recommend this method for reheating eggplant parmesan because microwaving makes your cheese rubbery. But if you still want to go for this method, follow these steps to get the best possible results.
- Take a microwave-safe plate and add eggplant parmesan to it.
- If your dish seems very dry, then you can cover the dish with a wet paper towel. (optional step)
- Cover the plate with a lid.
- Heat the eggplant parmesan for 1 to 2 minutes and make sure it is thoroughly heated.
How To Reheat Eggplant Parmesan on a Stove?
You can reheat eggplant parmesan in an air fryer by following these steps:
- Take a clean pan and heat it on medium heat.
- You can apply some oil to the pan’s inside surface where you are going to put eggplant parmesan.
- Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of water to it and wait until it starts bubbling.
- Add eggplant parmesan and cover the pan with a lid.
- Steam it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Make sure it has reheated well from inside too.
Don’t reheat it on high heat. Otherwise, your eggplant parmesan will start sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Can You Eat Eggplant Parmesan Cold?
Yes, you can eat eggplant parmesan cold if you have stored it properly and hygienically. We recommend you reheat it before eating because heating kills the bacteria or germs in the food, and your food tastes better.
How To Refrigerate Eggplant Parmesan?
Refrigerating eggplant parmesan is a relatively easy task. Follow these steps to keep your eggplant parmesan fresh in the fridge:
- Take a clean dish or container to put eggplant parmesan. You can store it intact or even in the form of pieces.
- Wrap that dish with aluminum foil or plastic sheet to avoid air contact.
How Long Eggplant Parmesan Last in the Fridge?
Eggplant parmesan lasts for 3 to 5 days in the fridge if you store it properly and hygienically.
Can You Freeze Eggplant Parmesan?
Yes, you can freeze eggplant parmesan in the freezer. In this way, you increase its storage time.
How To Freeze Eggplant Parmesan?
If you want to store your eggplant parmesan for a longer time then follow these steps to store eggplant parmesan in the freezer in the best way:
- Let the eggplant parmesan cool at room temperature.
- Cut eggplant parmesan into portions if required.
- Wrap each piece in a high-quality food plastic wrap.
- Put this wrapped eggplant parmesan in a container or freezer bag.
- Seal the freezer bag. If you use a container, place the lid on it or cover it with a plastic sheet.
- Store that container in the freezer and enjoy your eggplant parmesan whenever possible.
How Long Eggplant Parmesan Last in the Freezer?
Eggplant parmesan remains fresh in the freezer for 6 months. Don’t store it longer than that because it might start losing its taste afterward. Try to consume it earlier to keep the freshness in its taste.
Should You Thaw Eggplant Parmesan Before Reheating?
Yes, you should thaw eggplant parmesan before reheating because if you put frozen eggplant parmesan in the oven, it makes the dough soggy. So, it’s better to thaw it before reheating.
Sometimes people directly put it in the oven for reheating if they are in a hurry.
Tips to Enhance Taste of Reheated Eggplant Parmesan
- Add some extra sauce to the pan before reheating to get a delicious taste of your leftover eggplant parmesan.
- You can add some cheese to your leftover eggplant parmesan to get a different hit to your taste buds.
- If you had previously stored the leftover eggplant parmesan in the fridge or freezer, dry them before adding these taste-enhancing ingredients.
Keeping the leftovers becomes challenging when you don’t know the professional methods. After reading our guide on reheating and storing, it must have now become much easier for you to reheat eggplant parmesan like a pro. So, apply these methods and enjoy your favorite meal anytime you want.
Leave a Reply