Nothing says summer like sweet, juicy strawberries! If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that will tantalize your taste buds and satisfy your sweet tooth, then look no further than strawberry crisp. This beloved classic is an easy-to-make treat filled with sugary goodness and crunchy topping that everyone in the family can enjoy. Plus, you only need a few simple ingredients to make this mouthwatering dish come together in no time at all! Read on to find out how to create the perfect strawberry crisp – it’s sure to be a hit at any summer gathering!
Why Should You Make This Strawberry Crisp?
- Making this Strawberry Crisp is a breeze. It will only take you about 15 minutes to prepare.
- Sweet strawberries thickened with cornstarch and a little sugar make a deliciously fruity filling on the bottom.
- Every bite gets a light crunch from this simple oat topping.
Can you Make Strawberry Crisp in a Cast Iron Skillet?
Yes, surely you can make crisps in a cast iron skillet. Not only do the skillets cook perfectly, but they also retain heat and keep everything nice and warm for longer. Not to mention that desserts in skillets are entertaining and popular. However, if you don’t have a skillet, any 9-inch baking dish will suffice.
Can You Use Frozen Strawberries in This Recipe?
Fresh strawberries are ideal for this recipe. You can use frozen strawberries; simply thaw them and drain any liquid before proceeding with the recipe.
Variations in This Recipe
- For a strawberry rhubarb crisp, add rhubarb.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to warm up the flavor in the strawberries.
- For a gluten-free version of this recipe, use gluten-free oats and tapioca starch.
- Do you want to add more berries to this crisp? Add raspberries, blueberries, or even blackberries to make it a triple-berry crisp.
- You can add a citrus burst behind each bite with a drizzle of lemon juice over your strawberries.
- If you use coconut oil or vegan butter instead of regular butter, you can make this a vegan strawberry crisp.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- 5 cups fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Grease a deep pie dish with cooking spray.
- Add the cornstarch and vanilla extract andstir until strawberries are coated evenly.
- For topping: in another bowl, add the flour,oats, sugars, cinnamon and salt, and mix well.
- Add the melted butter and mix well untilcrumbly mixture forms.
- For filling: in a large bowl, add strawberriesand sugar and toss to coat well.
- Place the strawberries into the prepared piedish evenly and sprinkle with topping mixture.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until toppingbecomes golden brown.
- Serve warm.