The most challenging thing you can face as a home chef is to make a special dinner. And it’s nigh on impossible when you are returning from the office after a hectic working day.
However, if you have an air fryer in your kitchen, then you don’t need to worry at all, as this air fryer shredded chicken recipe can be prepared in less than 35 minutes without some considerable effort.
- What Are the Ingredients to Make Perfect Shredded Chicken in an Air Fryer?
- What Type of Chicken is Required to Make Air Fryer Shredded Chicken?
- What is the Best Way to Shred Chicken to Make Air Fryer Shredded Chicken?
- What are the Possible Ways to Store Left Over Air Fryer Shredded Chicken?
- More Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Shredded Chicken
What Are the Ingredients to Make Perfect Shredded Chicken in an Air Fryer?
The main ingredient includes chicken pieces. Then you have to toss these chicken pieces with some coating. A mixture of melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, black pepper powder, and smoked paprika will make a perfect coating for air fryer shredded chicken.
What Type of Chicken is Required to Make Air Fryer Shredded Chicken?
Boneless chicken is required to make shredded chicken. The most preferable is a boneless chest piece of chicken. You don’t need to cut these chest pieces into small pieces. Place boneless chest pieces of chicken in the air fryer’s basket and cook them.
What is the Best Way to Shred Chicken to Make Air Fryer Shredded Chicken?
First, let the chicken pieces cook and then shred them. The best way to shred them is to use two forks and tear the cooked chicken pieces apart. Another way is to use a kitchen mixer or use specialized shredding claws.
What are the Possible Ways to Store Left Over Air Fryer Shredded Chicken?
The best way is to let it cool at room temperature and refrigerate it. It will remain safe for 3 to 4 days. However, if you want to store it for longer, pack it in an airtight jar and keep it in a freezer. It will remain safe for 2 to 3 months.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Air Fryer Shredded Chicken
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, mix together butter, spices, salt and black pepper.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the butter mixture evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken breasts into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 21-23 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken breasts once after 15 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken breasts from Air Fryer and transfer into a large bowl.
- With 2 forks, shred the meat and serve.