If you’re a fan of avocados and chocolate, look no further – this amazing recipe for avocado chocolate mousse is the perfect combination of sweet and savory! You’ll be blown away by how creamy and decadent it is.
Plus, it only requires seven simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry or fridge. Whether you’re making dessert for someone special or just indulging yourself after dinner, this rich treat won’t disappoint!
What Are the Four Main Ingredients of a Mousse?
Mousse is a light and fluffy dessert that is made with eggs, heavy cream, sugar,and flavoring. Aerated egg yolks, whipped cream, whipped egg whites, and a flavoring base are the four basic components of all mousses.
What Is the Key to Making Mousse?
The key to making a perfect mousse is in the whipping process. This is not surprising, given the name of the dessert. The secret to a perfectly light, airy meringue or whipped cream is the speed at which your mixer is set.
Benefits of Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Avocados are completely cholesterol-free, contain nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, and provide 8% of the daily value of fiber.
- This nutrient provides a feeling of fullness and has also been linked to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Avocados have the least amount of sugar per serving of any fruit, with less than one gram of sugar per ounce.
- They act as a “nutrient booster” by assisting the body in better absorbing fat-soluble nutrients.
How to Store Avocado Chocolate Mouse?
In the Refrigerator:The mousse can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week, tightly wrapped.
In the Freezer: The mousse can be stored in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 months. Before serving, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
More Dessert Recipes
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 medium avocado peeled,pitted and chopped roughly
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp organic almond extract
- In a high-poweredblender, add the milk, cream, sugar, avocado, cocoa powder, vanilla extractand almond extract and pulse on high speed until smooth.
- Transfer thepudding into the serving bowls evenly.
- With 1 plasticwrap, cover each bowl and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or up to overnightbefore serving.
Leave a Reply