Welcome to the delicious world of the Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! This mouth-watering recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Imagine a warm, gooey, and chocolatey cookie straight out of the oven, served in a cast iron skillet and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The combination of the warm cookie and the cold ice cream is truly heavenly. This recipe is easy to make and is guaranteed to impress your family and friends. So, get ready to preheat your oven, and let’s get baking!
Can I make this recipe in a skillet or cast iron pan if I don’t have an oven?
Yes, you can definitely make this recipe on the stovetop if you don’t have an oven. Instead of baking the cookie in the oven, you can cook it in a skillet or cast iron pan on the stovetop. To do this, you’ll need to melt the butter and sugar together in the skillet over medium heat. Then, add in the flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips and stir until well combined. Once the dough comes together, flatten it out in the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Just keep in mind that cooking times may vary depending on the size and heat of your skillet, so you’ll need to keep an eye on the cookie while it cooks to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
Yes, you can definitely make the cookie in advance. Once the cookie is baked and cooled, you can wrap it in plastic wrap and then store these cookies in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can make these cookies gluten-free by using gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour. You can also go for the gluten-free flour blend, which is already available in the market. It’s important to note that gluten-free flour behaves differently than all-purpose flour, so you may need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe to get the right consistency. It’s also a good idea to use gluten-free chocolate chips to ensure that the final product is completely gluten-free.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips Enjoy this warmcookie with the topping of vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugars and with a woodenspoon, mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until justcombined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and with theback of a spoon, smooth the top surface.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes or until the center is just set.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and set aside for about 5minutes before serving.