You! now need no toaster to occupy your counter space. Oh wow! Who doesn’t like to have some space in their kitchen for another useful appliance? A toaster is no longer needed as you now have an air fryer to toast perfectly delicious bagels for you. Who could have thought of toasting a bagel in the air fryer, right? Well, now we are here with this quick and straightforward recipe that can tell you how you can have a deliciously toasted bagel in your breakfast or whenever you feel like eating it.
You might be a big breakfast person, but you may not always be in a mood or have time to prepare a whole meal for it. Well, now you can have good additions in your breakfast foods that are ‘grab and go’ or ‘simple and fast’ type of meals. Toasted air fryer bagels are one of them; they are so effortlessly easy to make.
One day I was looking through different recipes for toasting a bagel, I came upon guidance on how I could make it properly. I had no idea there was a wrong way to do it. Talk about being taken aback. Fret not! I have a simply perfect recipe here for you to toast your bagels flawlessly.
Recipe to Toast a Bagel in the Air Fryer:
Here is how you can easily and quickly toast your bagels in the air fryer in three simple steps:
1) Cut the bagel evenly into two halves.
2) Put these halves of bagel in the air fryer basket (should put the cut side up)
3) Put the air fryer to heat at 370 degrees F for 3 minutes.
Note: If you want the bagels to be extra toasted, you can always cook them for another minute or two. Lightly toasted bagels in 2 minutes, medium toasted bagels in 3 minutes, and extra toasted in bagels in just 4 minutes.
- Keep an eye on your bagels, mainly if this is the first time you are using your air fryer to toast them.
- There is no need to preheat the air fryer.
- There needs to be no difference in timing for mini or regular bagels.
- You may also love to put your bagel back into the basket to let the butter melt directly on the bagel.
Can You Toast a Frozen Bagel in the Air fryer?
Absolutely! Yes. You have to cut the frozen bagel into halves and then put it in the air fryer basket (frozen).
Put the air fryer temperature setting to 360 degrees F for 4-5 minutes.
Your frozen bagels are scrumptiously toasted just like that!
What Toppings Should Be Used For Toasted Bagels?
Although you can have your bagel straight from the air fryer basket, believe me when I say nothing beats a breakfast of toasted bagels with a delicious topping. Some of my personal favorites are here:
- Cream cheese (my favorite one)
- Jelly / Jam
Whatever way you choose to have your bagel, make sure to toast them first in the air fryer.
How to Toast a Bagel in Air Fryer
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 bagel cut in half
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the bagel halves into the greased Air Fryer Basket, cut side up.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 3 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the bagel halves from Air Fryer and serve.