Do you love Crispy Breaded Chicken Drumsticks but are concerned about gaining weight? You can use your air fryer to make crunchy yet non-greasy chicken drumsticks as an alternative.
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Drumsticks are a healthy alternative to deep-fried chicken drumsticks since they are juicy and crunchy. You have the same crispy battered outside layer that makes you love the chicken. Every bite is overflowing with incredible flavor, right out of the Air Fryer.
Why Should I Try this Recipe?
Fried chicken drumsticks are my all-time favorite, but I’m not too fond of the grease and oil that goes into them. I wanted to come up with a homemade recipe of fried chicken drumsticks that didn’t use much oil. This recipe uses almost no oil to cook the drumsticks; instead, hot air flows all over the drumsticks in an Air Fryer to give it that crispy, crunchy texture. So, it’s a must-try recipe if you want to avoid deep-fried (oily) chicken drumsticks.
Can I Make This Recipe With Other Chicken Cuts?
Yes. You can use everything you want, including wings, thighs, and breasts. Just remember to alter the time of cooking to your chicken’s size. Using a good-quality meat thermometer is better to guarantee that your chicken reaches the proper internal temperature.
Should I Stack Chicken in An Air Fryer?
No. Make sure there’s enough space among each chunk of chicken. The reason for this is that the Air Fryer cooks and crisps the chicken by heating and circulating hot air. If you put chunks of chicken together, they will stay sticky and raw. As a result, be sure that no chicken pieces come into contact with one another. If necessary, cook in batches.
How to Keep Air Fried Chicken After It’s Been Cooked?
You can keep any leftovers in your refrigerator for no longer than 3 days. It’s good to be eaten fresh, but it’s also good chilled or reheated. It may lose a little of its crunchiness, which is expected.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 tbsp oyster sayce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup corn flour
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a bowl, mix together the sauces, oil, five-spice powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and coat with the marinade generously.
- Refrigerate for at least 40-50 minutes.
- In a shallow dish, place the cornflour.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and lightly coat with cornflour.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken drumsticks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken drumsticks from Air Fryer and serve.