In a hurry to make dinner for your partner, don’t worry, as this simple, quick, and delicious air fryer sweet and sour chicken recipe is here to take the burden off your nerves.
Now you can make a delicious chicken dinner within 25 minutes just using the air fryer present in your kitchen.
Can I Try This Recipe Using Frozen Chicken?
Yes! You can use frozen chicken for this recipe as well. However, keep in mind that you should be careful while cutting the chicken pieces as it is hard to cut the frozen chicken, and you can harm yourself.
What is the Ideal Chicken Form for Making Sweet and Sour Chicken in an Air Fryer?
The chicken must be boneless, preferably a chest piece cut into small pieces. The perfect cutting of chicken for this dish is tiny bite-size pieces.
How Much Amount of Starch Should be Used For Chicken?
The amount of starch to coat chicken pieces must be kept just enough. It must make a thin, even layer over the chicken. Using too much starch will result in a messy air fryer and leave a white spot on the cooked chicken.
How to Make Sauce for Air Fryer Sweet and Sour Chicken?
Take pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, and ground ginger in a pan and let it cook for a few minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in water and pour this mixture into the pan. Let it simmer for a minute or two, and your sauce will be ready.
- You should serve the dish immediately after pouring the cooked chicken from the air fryer into the bowl of sauce.
- Serving it with roasted vegetables or air fryer green beans is a great idea. You can also boil some rice along with it to explore new tastes.
Air Fryer Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add chicken chunks and cornstarch and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken chunks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7-9 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: in a medium non-stick pan, add all ingredients except for cornstarch and water over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch I water.
- In the pan of sauce, add cornstarch mixture and cook for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the sauce into a large serving bowl.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken chunks from Air Fryer.
- Transfer the chicken chunks into the bowl of sauce and toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately.