These air-fried buttered scallops are quick and easy to cook with only a few simple ingredients, and they’re excellent to serve as a dinner that truly elevates the scallops. In just 14 minutes, you’ll have a scallop dinner that will rival any restaurant!
I enjoy shellfish taste but despise the greasy smell and the mess resulting from all that deep-frying; that’s where Air Fryer helps!
I adore simple seafood recipes, especially when they’re made in the air fryer. These air fryer buttered scallops are incredibly tender, savory, and juicy.
Why Love These Air Fryer Buttered Scallops?
The Seafood variety like scallops holds a unique value that gives excitement to a simple dinner. Here are a few other reasons why you should try this recipe:
- It takes less than 15 minutes to prepare.
- These air fryer buttered scallops are low in fat and high in protein.
- It’s great for turning your simple dinner into a special one (delicious dinner).
What factors should you consider when selecting scallops?
You’ll need dry scallops for this recipe, which you can easily find at your local grocery. They should be solid and have a pleasant aroma. If you defrost them first, you can use them frozen as well.
What does it taste like to eat scallops?
Scallops are a delicacy in the same way as crabs and lobster are. They have a sweet, soft flavor, and the scallops are fantastic at absorbing whatever flavoring you use on them. As a result, you’ll find a somewhat sweet and buttery flavor with a hint of thyme in this recipe. So tempting!
Is it possible to prepare them in advance?
Because scallops can be cooked quickly, it’s ideal for cooking them right before serving. But in case you have to reheat the scallops, make sure you don’t overcook them because they’ll become tough and chewy. I find that heating them on half power in the microwave works best to reheat them.
More Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Buttered Scallops
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ¾ lb sea scallops cleaned and patted very dry
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme minced
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking pray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the scallops, butter, thyme, salt, and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the scallops into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 4 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the scallops from Air Fryer and serve.