This recipe is my latest preferred way to “roast” chicken, and I’m pretty sure it’ll become yours as well! Using an Air Fryer to cook a Whole Spiced Chicken may seem unusual, but I’m here to tell you why you should give it a try! In an hour, you’ll have perfectly juicy chicken that’s been glazed with a flavorful spice mixture that caramelizes and crisps all over.
Air frying a whole chicken is a quick and easy way to prepare a chicken meal. Serve with mashed potatoes, salad, and rolls for a winner, chicken dinner! The crispy, peppery outside layer of chicken from the Air Fryer is unforgettably delicious!
Why Make Air Fry Whole Chicken?
- Ground spices and thyme are massaged under and over the skin to create a fantastic marinade. The Air Fryer then takes over! So, there’s no need to let the chicken marinate overnight or for hours. You can opt to make this recipe and have it ready to eat in an hour!
- This is the particular course of our Thanksgiving meal, around which the rest of the menu is built.
- Purchasing a whole chicken is cost-effective.
Should I Stack Chicken in the Air Fryer?
Absolutely no! You should not stack chicken in your air fryer. For the whole chicken to be cooked entirely and browned uniformly, there should be enough room for air circulation in an air fryer.
Is It Healthy To Eat An Air Fried Whole Chicken?
It’s healthier because air fryer chicken recipes use a lot less oil. The first thing I notice is that you don’t need to use any oil while cooking fattier proteins like whole chicken, steak, pork chops, chicken thighs, and so on.
Is It Possible to Store the Spiced Whole Chicken’s Leftover?
Yes, you can store any leftover spiced whole chicken in an airtight box in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. For a longer time, you can freeze it.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Spiced Whole Chicken
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (5-pounds) whole chicken necks and giblets removed
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the thyme and spices.
- Coat the chicken with oil and then rub it with spice mixture.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken into the greased Air Fryer Basket, breast side down.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 60 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken from Air Fryer and place onto a cutting board for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Cut the chicken into desired-sized pieces using a sharp knife and serve.