How to quickly and efficiently cook an omelet with minimal clean-up and no oil? This air fryer chicken omelet recipe will answer you how.
This recipe is easy to customize with your preferred fillings and toppings of omelet and is perfect for hectic mornings.
There are only two steps to making an omelet in an air fryer: mix all ingredients and transfer the mix into the air fryer basket. That’s all you need to do. Wow!
Why Make an Omelet in an Air Fryer?
Many people might oppose an air fryer omelet, believing that making one in a frying pan takes only a few minutes. Of course, this is correct. But you won’t realize how much easier and less effort an air-fried omelet is until you try one for the first time.
No Big Pile of Dishes: who likes to have a load of washing up dishes first thing in the morning? I certainly don’t! You crack the eggs directly onto your baking pan instead of a separate measuring jug. Then you only have to clean the roasting pan, 1 silicone whisk, a knife, and a chopping board.
Quick-to-cook: whisk the omelet mixture in a baking pan, add the omelet ingredients, and bake in the air fryer. You may even prepare your food the night before and let the air fryer deal with it in the morning while you shower.
Set & Forget: You place your ready-to-eat omelet in your air fryer and return it when it beeps. Perfect for a hectic morning!
Is it Possible to Make Air Fryer Chicken Omelet in Advance?
Yes! It is possible to make it a night before and cook it in the morning, or you can make it ahead of time, refrigerate or freeze it, and then reheat it later.
What Variations Can I Make When it Comes to Air Fryer Omelet Ingredients?
Delicious additions include chopped onion, bell peppers, jalapenos, spinach potatoes, shrimps, ham, salmon, tomatoes, bacon, and asparagus.
Which Cheese Can I Use in The Air Fryer Omelet?
Monterey jack, cheddar, goat cheese, mozzarella, and a Mexican blend cheese are excellent choices.
More Breakfast Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Omelet
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 eggs
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cooked chicken shredded
- Lightly grease a small baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the onion for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the jalapeño pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add the eggs, salt, and black pepper and beat well.
- Add the onion mixture and chicken and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking pan from Air Fryer and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into equal-sized wedges and serve.