Marinade, shake, coat, place, cook, flip, cook again, and serve. Wondering what I am bickering about?
Oh, I am talking about today’s yum yum recipe, an air fryer crispy chicken drumsticks. It is a protein-rich, crispier, full of flavor meal that you can serve as a snack, appetizer, or even as a dinner.
How Long Should I Cook Drumsticks in An Air Fryer?
In the air fryer basket, place the chicken legs skin side down—Cook for 10 minutes at 390 degrees. After 10 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for another 10 minutes, or until it is no longer pink and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
How to Cook Perfect Drumsticks in an Air Fryer?
Keep the following points in mind to ensure proper cooking,
Preheat the air fryer – usually, it is unnecessary to preheat it, but for this recipe, let the air fryer give the chicken a warm welcome.
Don’t open the air fryer again and again – Opening the air fryer repeatedly to see if the chicken has been cooked will disturb the heating and increase the cooking time.
Invest in a Digital Thermometer – When the timer goes off, use a digital thermometer to check the temperature of the chicken pieces by inserting it into the thickest section of the chicken drumstick without touching the bone.
Do Not Bulk Up the Bucket – Air fryers allow hot air to circulate the chicken drumsticks, resulting in tasty fried meat – and this is accomplished by not crowding the pan.
How Do you Crisp up Already Fried Chicken in an Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer to 375°F and let the fried chicken come to room temperature before using it. Then, fry the fried chicken for about four minutes in a single layer, flipping once to achieve even cooking. Resist the impulse to stuff the basket with fried chicken.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 (5-ounces) chicken drumstickss
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a resealable plastic bag, place the chicken drumsticks and buttermilk.
- Squeeze the air out and seal the bag tightly.
- Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours.
- In a shallow bowl, add flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder, herbs and spices and mix well.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from bag and shake off the excess buttermilk.
- Coat chicken drumsticks with the flour mixture evenly.
- Line the Air Fryer Basket with a piece of foil and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken drumsticks into the prepared Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, flip the chicken drumsticks and coat with melted butter.