Try this creamy and cheesy air fryer potato gratin if you’re searching for a simple yet appetizing holiday dinner. It takes approximately an hour to bake in a conventional oven, but it only takes about 20 minutes in the air fryer! Amazing!
It’s pretty fair to name this delightful vegetarian meal the ‘cheesy scalloped potatoes.
This famous holiday dinner is great for 2-3 people when air-fried. These portions are ideal for individual meals.
What’s the Difference Between A Baked Potato and A Gratin of Potatoes?
The potatoes are frequently baked in a basic cream sauce (usually a combination of heavy cream and milk), and that’s it. Gratin potatoes are a little more decadent since lots of cheese is placed in the middle of the layers of potatoes and on top of the casserole.
Are Scalloped Potatoes and Au Gratin Potatoes the same?
Well, there is only a slight difference you can say: it’s all about the cheese! Both baked potato meals are thinly sliced potatoes, cream, or milk. However, shredded cheese is used in the middle of each layer and on top of au gratin potatoes, which bakes into a delectable crust. Cheese is typically not used in scalloped potatoes.
What are the Best Potatoes for Air Fryer Potato Gratin?
Yukon Gold potatoes are my go-to for gratins and other delicious potato recipes as they maintain their shape nicely and don’t require peeling. This recipe also works well with russets.
Which Type of Cheese is Best for Air Fryer Potato Gratin?
Traditionally, Gruyere is famous, although you can practically use shredded cheese for air fryer potato gratin. This recipe calls for sharp cheddar and Colby Jack mixture for taste and extra creaminess. You may also grate some Parmesan cheese on top.
More Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Lemon Biscuits
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8½ ounces self rising flour
- 3½ ounces caster sugar
- 3½ ounces cold butter
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest grated finely
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and sugar.
- With a pastry cutter, cut cold butter and mix until a coarse crumb form.
- Add the egg, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and roll the dough.
- Cut the dough into medium-sized biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits into the prepared baking pan in a single layer and coat with the butter.
- Slide the Air Fryer Basket inside and adjust the temperature to 355 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the baking pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking pan from Air Fryer and place onto a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully invert the biscuits onto the wire rack to cool completely before serving.