You can hardly find someone who doesn’t like salmon, as this nutrient-rich diet is quite different from other seafood. However, this rarity can also be seen in the people who love making it themselves.
The reason is the arduous handling of the cooking process and difficulty in eliminating the smell of salmon. But this air fryer orange glazed salmon recipe will help you make a delicious salmon with some innovative flavors.
Why Use an Air Fryer to Make This Recipe?
Making salmon is quite a challenging process, and there is a chance of running off the seasonings to make it even more challenging. Therefore, it is suggested to use an air fryer as not a single drop of seasonings will escape from the air fryer’s basket, and you will get perfectly flavored salmon. Similarly, its outer and inner portions will also get cooked perfectly, maintaining the original taste and texture of a salmon.
Is it Necessary to Remove the Skin of Salmon Before Making This Dinner Cuisine?
Yes, it is necessary to remove the skin. With skin on the seasoning will not be absorbed by the salmon fillets, and it will not be equally flavorful. Skinned salmon will absorb all the spices, and flavors will penetrate deep inside the core. To remove the skin, you can use a skin peeler or put hot water over it and then remove the skin with ease.
How to Season the Salmon for Making this Recipe?
Take a pan and pour the soy sauce into it. Then add cooking wine, orange juice, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and chili flakes. Boil it for a minute and let it simmer for a few moments. The seasoning is ready. Take a plastic bag and pour the seasoning into it. Then add the salmon fillets to it. Let it refrigerate for half an hour to get seasoned perfectly.
More seafood Recipes
Air Fryer Buttered Trout
Air Fryer Orange Glazed Salmon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp fresh ginger finely grated
- ½ cup cooking wine
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add garlic ,ginger, wine, soy sauce, juices, sugar, and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan of marinade from heat and let it cool.
- In a small-sized bowl, add half of the marinade and reserve in a refrigerator.
- In a resealable bag, add remaining marinade and salmon fillet.
- Seal the bag and shake to coat well.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the salmon fillet into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the salmon fillet from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Cut the salmon into 4 equal-sized pieces and coat with the remaining glaze.
- Serve immediately.