Do you have a sweet tooth that simply won’t quit? If so, there’s no better way to satisfy your cravings than with an Apple Torte! This classic dessert has been delighting taste buds for decades and is one of the simplest desserts to make. Not only does it look impressive when served, but it also takes just minutes to prepare – plus, the flavors will tantalize your senses like never before. So if you’re looking for an easy-to-make dessert that will wow your family and friends, this Apple Torte recipe is guaranteed to do the trick!
This apple cake, made with fresh apples, is light, moist, not overly sweet, and has a lovely appearance on top. What’s the best part? It’s so easy! You can make it all in one bowl with only 6 main ingredients and 15 minutes of hands on time!
Which Apples Are Best for Tart?
Make sure to have Golden Delicious or Jonagold apples on hand for an unforgettable tart. Braeburn is another excellent option due to its sweet-tart and spicy flavor.
What’s the Key to Making the Perfect Apple Torte?
This delicious apple torte is simple to make. It’s light and springy, with lots of apple slices.The key is to cook the apple slices in butter before incorporating them into the batter. Not only are the apples infused with buttery flavor, but pre-cooking them helps remove moisture, preventing the cake from becoming soggy.
Don’t forget the zest! Although only a half teaspoon of lemon zest is used, it is an important ingredient because it helps brighten the cake’s flavor.
Allow your fresh apple torte to cool for a few minutes before serving it with vanilla ice cream.
More Dessert Recipes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2(8-ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups apples peeled,cored and sliced thinly
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Grease a 10-inch Dutch oven with cookingspray.
- For crust: in a large-sized bowl, add allingredients and mix until well combined.
- In the bottom of the prepared Dutch oven,place the crust mixture and press in the bottom.
- For filling: in a bowl, add the cream cheeseand sugar and beat until well combined.
- In the bowl of sugar mixture, add the eggsand vanilla extract and mix well.
- Place the filing mixture over the crustevenly and with the back of a spatula, smooth the top surface.
- For topping: in a bowl, add all theingredients and mix well.
- Place the apples over the cream cheese layerevenly.
- Bake for approximately 60-70 minutes or untilthe center is set.
- Remove the pan of torte from oven and let itcool completely before slicing.
- Cut into equal-sized slices and serve.