Chicken with bacon and macaroni is a comforting and hearty dish that is perfect for a cozy night in or a family dinner. This dish is made with tender chicken breast, crispy bacon, and creamy macaroni that are all baked together in a cheesy sauce. It’s the ultimate comfort food that will satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
Today we’ll explore how to make chicken with bacon and macaroni, some tips for getting it just right, and some tasty yet healthy side dishes to serve with it. So, whether you’re a fan of classic comfort food or looking to try something new, read on to discover all about chicken with bacon and macaroni.
- Can I Make Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni Ahead of Time?
- What Are Some Tips for Making A Delicious Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni?
- What Side Dishes Go Well with Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni?
- Can I Make A Healthier Version of Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni?
- More Poultry Recipes
- Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni
Can I Make Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make chicken with bacon & macaroni ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it for later. Simply assemble the dish up until the point of baking, then cover it with foil and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, bake it in the oven until it’s heated through and bubbly.
What Are Some Tips for Making A Delicious Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni?
Tips for making a delicious chicken with bacon & macaroni include
- Using high-quality ingredients
- Seasoning the chicken and sauce generously
- Using a mix of different cheeses for added flavor
- Adding vegetables like broccoli or spinach to the dish for added nutrition
What Side Dishes Go Well with Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni?
Side dishes that pair well with chicken with bacon & macaroni include
- Lemon Rice
- Simple green salad
- Roasted vegetables
- Garlic bread
- Broccoli Rice Casserole
Can I Make A Healthier Version of Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni?
Yes, you can make a healthier version of chicken with bacon & macaroni by making these variations in the original recipe
- Using lean chicken breast, turkey bacon, and whole-grain pasta
- Using a reduced-fat cheese or replace the cheese sauce with a light cream sauce made with nonfat milk and Greek yogurt
- Adding more vegetables to the dish to increase its nutritional value
More Poultry Recipes
Chicken with Bacon & Macaroni
- 1½ cup uncooked macaroni
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 6 cooked bacon strips crumbled
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- In a large pan of lightly salted boiling water, cook thepasta for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta well and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler of oven.
- Arrange a rack about 4-inch from the heating element.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over mediumheat.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes or untillightly browned, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the cream, milk, Cajun seasoning, salt and blackpepper and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes,stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add the pasta, chicken, bacon and jalapeño and cook forabout 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the top withbreadcrumbs.
- Immediately transfer the skillet into the oven and broilfor about 30-60 seconds.
- Serve hot.