Do you want a delicious and healthy snack to munch on? If so, look no further than chocolate covered frozen bananas! This delectable treat has surprisingly few ingredients and is incredibly simple to make. Plus, it’s an unexpected combination of flavors that will leave your taste buds singing in excitement. Whether for yourself or for a party with friends, indulge in these scrumptious snacks today!
How to Choose the Right type of Banana for This Recipe?
Selecting the Best Banana
- The best bananas for making frozen chocolate-covered bananas are ripe bananas with slightly speckled peels.
- However, check that the bananas are ripe but not mushy bananas have the most sweet, creamy, and full-flavored banana flavor.
- To keep the banana slices intact, dip the fork tines in chocolate, place the banana on the fork, and then spoon chocolate over the slices with a spatula.
Which Chocolate is Best for This Recipe?
The Best Chocolate to Use for Frozen Chocolate-Covered Bananas
- Look for Ghiradelli dark chocolate baking bars of high quality. Personally, I prefer chocolate with 50% to 70% cocoa solids.
- The baking bars melt more easily than chocolate chips and come with instructions on how many squares equal one ounce. This is particularly useful if you don’t have a kitchen scale.
- Allergen-free and milk chocolate are also viable options. Having said that, this is a very adaptable recipe, so use whatever baking chocolate you like and have on hand!
Things to Consider While Making This Recipe:
- To ensure your bananas taste delicious, keep your freezer clean and avoid freezing them near smelly foods.
- If you prefer to melt chocolate in the microwave, use a microwave-safe bowl and the low power setting.
- Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is nearly melted, then stir until smooth, shiny, and completely melted.
- Return the chocolate to the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds if it begins to solidify before you’re finished.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
- 6 ounces dark chocolate finely chopped
- 1½ tsp canola oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas peeled and cut into ½- inch slices
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate andoil and microwave on high for about 1½-2 minutes or until melted completely,stirring after every 20 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from microwaveandstir until smooth.
- Dip the banana slices in melted chocolate evenly.
- Arrange the chocolate-covered banana slices onto a parchment paper-line baking sheet ina single layer.
- Freeze until set before serving.