Who doesn’t love chocolate? Chocolate kiss cookies are a fun, delicious treat that will put a smile on everyone’s face. Making a batch of chocolate kiss cookies is very easy and only requires a few quick steps — no matter what flavors you decide to incorporate, they’ll satisfy any craving!
Whether baking them as gifts or simply treating yourself, these tasty treats never displease, so why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it. Before moving to its recipe, Let’s examine some of the most common queries about this tasty treat.
What Are Chocolate Kiss Cookies?
Chocolate kiss cookies are soft and chewy with dark chocolate in the center. They get their name from the gooey Hershey’s Kiss that rests atop each cookie. The chocolate cookie base comprises a cocoa powder, butter, flour, and sugar – all ingredients that make it irresistibly delicious.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To My Chocolate Kiss Cookies?
Yes! Chocolate kiss cookies are incredibly versatile, so feel free to get creative. You can add chopped nuts or shredded coconut for added crunch or dried fruit like cranberries or cherries for added sweetness. For those with more adventurous palates, you can add chili powder for a hint of heat or espresso powder for an extra flavor boost.
What Other Coating Options Do I Have?
The traditional chocolate crinkle cookie served as the basis for these chocolate kiss cookies. Although we strongly suggest rolling them in powdered sugar, you can also experiment with granulated sugar or even colored nonpareils (which gives them a fantastic texture).
Can I Use Another Type Of Chocolate Kiss?
We topped these chocolate kiss cookies with dark chocolate kisses, but you can also experiment with other flavors. White chocolate, peppermint, and traditional milk chocolate are all excellent choices.
More Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray Do not overmix cookie dough.
- 1½ cups peanut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup coonut oil softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 325 °F.
- Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- For cookies: in a bowl,add the flours, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- In another large bowl,add the granulated sugar, peanutbutter and coconut oil and beat until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanillaextract and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture andmix until dough comes together.
- Make 1-inch balls fromthe dough and place onto the prepared cookie sheet in a singlelayer about 2-inch apart.
- With your palm, flatten each ball slightly.
- With your thumb, press anindentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until edges become golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Place the cookie sheets onto a wire rack tocool in the pans for about 5-10 minutes.
- For the chocolate kisses:in a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate and coconut oil and microwave untilmelted completely.
- Remove the bowl ofchocolate mixture from microwave and stir well and set aside to cool untilthickened.
- Carefully invert the cookies onto the wire rack.
- Place a dollop into thewell of each cookie and set aside for about 1 hour before serving.