Are you looking for a cool, refreshing treat with flavorful punch? You’re in luck! A pineapple Dole Whip is the perfect the solution to beat the summer heat. Let’s dive into why this frozen dessert is so loved by everyone, from kids to adults, and explore how easy it is to make at home with simple ingredients. So grab your spoon (or straw!), and let’s get started on our journey through pineapple paradise!
What is Dole Whip?
Dole Whip (also known as Dole Soft Serve) is a dairy-free soft serve frozen dessert created in 1984 by Dole Food Company. The most well-known flavor is pineapple, but eight other fruit flavors are available: cherry, mango, lemon, watermelon, orange, raspberry, strawberry, and lime.
Is Dole Whip Similar to Ice Cream?
Dole Whip is a dairy-free soft serve-style ice cream flavored with pineapple. It was developed by the food company Dole and has since become a popular dessert served at Disney Theme Parks.
What Does Dole Whip Taste Like?
The flavor is sweet, tart, and refreshing on a hot summer day, and it will remind you of Italian Ice, albeit a little softer.
Things to Consider While Making This Recipe
- Because frozen pineapple can be difficult to pulse, you’ll need a powerful blender for the best results. Allow the pineapple to thaw slightly if using a regular blender.
- Make a Dole Whip Float out of the Dole Whip! Simply fill a glass halfway with pineapple juice, then top with Dole Whip and a maraschino cherry.
- To achieve the iconic Dole Whip swirl, freeze the mixture for 30-40 minutes before transferring to a piping bag fitted with a 1M “star” tip.
- If you make this recipe with orange juice instead of almond milk, you won’t need any added sweetener.
More Dessert Recipes
Pineapple Dole Whip
- 1 lb frozen pineapple
- 1¼ cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- In a high-powered blender, add the pineapple, almond milk and honey and pulseuntil smooth.
- Transfer the pineapple mixtureinto a large plastic bag.
- Cut off the tip of the plastic bag to create a piping bag.
- Pipe the pineapple mixture into servingbowls and serve immediately!