Are you looking for a delicious yet healthy dessert? Look no further than this strawberry parfait! It’s an easy recipe that doesn’t skimp on flavor or texture and makes the perfect sweet treat. With layers of creamy yogurt, fresh strawberries, crunchy granola, and zesty lemon zest, it’s sure to tantalize your taste buds with every bite. Plus, it takes only minutes to make! So, whip up a batch today and indulge in this delightful dish that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
What Exactly Is A Parfait?
It’s a flavored custard made with whipped cream and syrup that is frozen without stirring. A cold dessert made of layers of fruit, syrup, ice cream, and whipped cream.
What Ingredients Go into A Strawberry Parfait?
Fresh strawberries, ricotta cheese, fresh lemon juice, vanilla extract, liquid stevia, and almonds are required to make homemade Strawberry Parfaits.
- Replace the strawberries with chopped peaches or nectarines. Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries also work well, but if you want them to be juicy, mash a few berries with the sugar to draw out the liquid.
- We like how the liquid stevia sweetens the berries, but you can skip this step and substitute a sweeter-flavored yogurt instead.
- Don’t leave out the granola; it adds great texture to these strawberry parfaits! You can use your favorite store-bought flaxseed granola or make your own.
- For this parfait, use 2% or full-fat plain Greek yogurt. It has a much richer flavor and a perfect consistency for whipping with honey without being too watery.
- Before hulling strawberries, always wash them. If you wash them afterward, the water will penetrate the center of the fruit and soften it.
- For the best results, assemble the parfaits just before serving because the liquid from the strawberries will bleed into the cheese mixture. It looks best if layered right before serving.
More Dessert Recipes
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 tsp almonds chopped
- In a bowl, add all theingredients except strawberries and beat until smooth.
- In a serving glass, placehalf of cheese mixture.
- Place strawberries overcheese mixture.
- Top with remaining cheesemixture and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply