No matter how you slice it, vanilla sandwich cookies are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a kid who loves to dip them in milk or an adult wanting something sweet and simple, these classic treats will never let you down. Let’s face it – nothing beats that satisfying crunch followed by a hit of sugary goodness with every bite! From store-bought classics to homemade versions dressed up with fancy toppings, there are plenty of ways to enjoy this beloved treat. So, grab a handful (or five!), and let’s get baking!
What Are Sandwich Cookies Made of?
A sandwich cookie, also known as a sandwich biscuit, is a type of cookie that consists of two thin or medium cookies with a filling sandwiched between them. Fillings include cream, ganache, buttercream, chocolate, cream cheese, jam, peanut butter, lemon curd, or ice cream.
How to Make the Best Vanilla Crème Cookies
Tips for Making the Best Vanilla Crème Cookies
- Ingredients should be at room temperature. Bring cold ingredients (such as butter and eggs) to room temperature before creaming and whipping for the best results.
- In cookie recipes, shortening and margarine perform differently; therefore, make use of real butter.
- To ensure that the ingredients are properly combined, use a mixer of some kind. You can use a hand or stand mixer to make the cookies and vanilla crème filling.
Can I Make Vanilla Sandwich Cookies in Advance?
Making Vanilla Sandwich Cookies in Advance
Yes, not only can you make the cream-filled sandwich cookies ahead of time, but you can also make the vanilla cookie dough and sandwich cookie filling ahead of time and freeze them.
- Unbaked cookie dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap or cling film.
- Leftover vanilla cookie sandwiches can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More Dessert Recipes
Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped finely
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- ½ tso ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 8 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered Erythritol
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat your oven to 350 ºF.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour,walnuts, hemp hearts, flax meal, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon and saltand mix well.
- In another bowl, add the remainingingredients and with an electric mixer, beat until blended thoroughly.
- Now place the flour mixture and mix untilblended thoroughly.
- With 1 tablespoon, place the dough onto theprepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- With the fingers of your hand, gently pressdown each cookie.
- Bake for approximately 10-13 minutes.
- Remove the cookie sheet from oven and placeonto a wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Then invert the cookies onto the wire rack tocool completely.
- For filling: in a bowl, add the whippingcream, Erythritol, butter and vanilla extract and with a hand mixer, beat untilsoft peaks formed.
- Slowly add in the xanthan gum and mix forabout 20 seconds.
- Place the filling over half of the cookiesevenly.
- Cover with remaining cookies and serve.