Snacks are not bad, but some are healthier than others. Just like munching on apple chips is better than munching on potato chips.
You can have guilt-free snack time when you have an air fryer apple chips to munch on. They are delicious as well as healthier than regular snacks.
Why Should I Make Air Fryer Apple Chips?
You might be wondering why you’d want to cook apple chips in an air fryer in the first place. This is why:
- It’s more efficient. In approximately 20 minutes, your apple chips are ready to eat. Dehydrating or baking them in the oven will take longer than using an air fryer. These are ideal for a quick bite.
- The finished apples are crisp rather than chewy. When you take a bite, you can actually hear the crunch.
- It’s a bargain! To make apple chips, I like to use red and delicious apples. They’re inexpensive and delicious.
How Long Does It Take to Dry Apples in An Air Fryer?
Around 25-30 Minutes
It will take approximately 25-30 minutes to dehydrate apple chips in the air fryer. To begin, air fry the apple slices for 15 minutes at 390°F, stopping to flip them every 5 minutes.
Are Apple Chips Good for You?
Thankfully, it’s a healthier alternative to salty snack favorites like potato chips. Apple chips contain no extra sugar because apples are inherently sweet. However, a sprinkling of brown sugar on top might be a delectable indulgence.
Is It Possible to Cook Fruits in An Air Fryer?
The cooking time for each fruit changes, but the core concept remains the same. Simply season your fruit with your preferred spices (cinnamon is always an excellent choice), place it in the air fryer, and cook until it is extra sweet and delicious.
How Long Should Apples Be Dehydrated?
Apples should be dehydrated for roughly 12 hours. Try a slice after 10 or 11 hours to see if you want it crunchier. Allow the slices to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Apple Chips
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 apple peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground ginger
- pinch cardamom
- as required salt
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and toss to coat well.
- After preheating, arrange the apple slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 7-8 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the apple slices once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chips from Air Fryer and set aside to cool before serving.
Leave a Reply