The air fryer is a nifty kitchen gadget that takes cooking to a whole new level, making everything easier and faster.
I wouldn’t say I like deep-frying chicken wings as they got too oily, and baking them means dry-out wings. Well, now, with the help of an air fryer, I get to eat and serve the restaurant-style chicken wings.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings get so crispy that you’ll swear they’re fried, and they take less time than bake chicken wings.
Is It Better to Bake Wings or To Air Fry Them?
Air frying: It’s ideal for achieving crispy wings without frying them. Wings never seem to acquire that fabulous crisp on the exterior without drying out on the interior when baked. You may now get both a soft juicy inside and a crispy outer in half the time it takes to bake!
How Long Should Chicken Wings Be Cooked in An Air Fryer?
Make sure the wings aren’t touching in the fryer basket (if necessary to fit, line up the drumettes standing upright along the sides). Preheat the air fryer to 360°F and cook the wings for 12 minutes before flipping them using tongs and cooking for another 12 minutes.
Is It Necessary to Defrost Chicken Wings Before Air Frying Them?
It’s unnecessary to thaw chicken wings before air frying, especially if you’re going to toss them in sauce afterward. If you prefer your wings plain, thaw them first so you can season them more thoroughly.
Is It Possible to Double the Recipe?
It’s preferable to keep the chicken wings in a single layer for overall crispy results. You can double everything with a larger air fryer. When double the recipe, air-fried the wings for 18-22 minutes, or until the skin is crisp, rotating halfway through. The amount of time it takes to bake depends on the size of your air fryer basket.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb chicken wings
- as required salt and ground black pepper
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 380 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken wings with salt and black pepper evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken wings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20-25 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the wings once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the wings from Air Fryer and serve.