My kids love to binge-watch the Harry Potter series on weekends while they keep me in the kitchen for their constant supply of snacks.
I used to get tired and frustrated. But then I found the perfect solution—the air fryer mini corn dogs.
Now, I just pull the frozen pack of corn dogs, introduce them to my lovely air fryer, and VOILA! The snacks are ready.
What’s the Perfect Way to Cook Corn Dogs?
I’ve microwaved corn dogs before, but they come out a little chewy. I’ve baked corn dogs before, but they always seem to be undercooked in the wrong spots. I tried deep-frying, and they got too oily for my liking. An air fryer is the best option to cook a frozen corn dog at home. The air fryer mini corn dogs are not only tasty but have the most OK outer crust and color.
What to Serve with Air Fried Mini Corn Dogs?
These little guys are lovely on their own or with some ketchup or mustard sauce. But you can also use your favorite dipping sauces, such as ranch or barbecue sauce. Hot sauce would also be delicious.
What Are the Ingredients Used in Corn Dog Batter?
There are two types of ingredients used in corn dogs. Dry ingredients – cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Wet ingredients – Buttermilk, egg, olive oil, and honey.
How to Make Corn Dogs from Scratch?
First, whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl – cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients –buttermilk, egg, olive oil, and honey. Next, pour wet batter into dry ingredients and whisk until both blends well. Lastly, coat the hot dogs in this batter and air fry.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 box frozen mini corn dogs
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 350 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the corn dogs into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 9-10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the corn dogs once after 5 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the corn dogs from Air Fryer and set aside for about 2 minutes before serving.