Isn’t your dining table looking perfect at lunch?
It might be due to the lack of a side dish leading to some noticeable space on the table, which is blocking the perfection level of the lunch.
However, it is not a walk in the park to make side dishes and unique lunch dishes. Air fryer baked sweet potato recipe could be your rescuer in such conditions.
How to Treat Sweet Potatoes to Get Them Ready for Baking in an Air Fryer?
First of all, take some medium-sized sweet potatoes and wash them with clear water to remove any dust from them. Once they get dried, take a fork and make some holes in the potato. These holes will allow the cooking from inside and prevent the outside from burning. Moreover, they also help penetrate flavors deep inside the sweet potatoes.
How to Introduce Exciting Flavors in Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes?
You have to coat them with spices of your choice to get them flavorful. Forks’ tiny holes will guide the spices down to the sweet potato. The traditional coating for sweet potatoes is some olive oil and salt. However, you can also use different seasonings and explore the exciting flavors.
What to do When Sweet Potatoes Get Baked in the Air Fryer?
Once they get cooked, remove them from the air fryer’s basket and let them cool for a few moments. Then remove the skin using a fork and carefully slice them into pieces.
How to Serve the Sweet Potatoes?
The best way to serve the sweet potatoes as a side dish is to serve them with toppings. Sour cream and fresh chopped chives will make a perfect topping for them.
More Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp fresh chives chopped
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- With a fork, lightly prick the skin of each sweet potato.
- With a fork, lightly prick the skin of each sweet potato and sprinkle with salt.
- After preheating, arrange the sweet potatoes into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 40-45 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the sweet potatoes from Air Fryer and place onto a plate.
- Carefully slice open each sweet potato and fluff the flesh.
- Top with sour cream and chives and serve.