As a home chef, you always want your dining table to look fascinating and delicious. This could be possible with the addition of a perfect side dish.
However, making a side dish while cooking complex main cuisines is not a chicken feed for everyone. Still, it will be for you with this fantastic air fryer roasted tomatoes recipe.
Can You Roast Vegetables in an Air Fryer?
Yes! You can roast your vegetables in the air fryer. You have to raise the temperature slightly and give it a short time compared to oven-roasted vegetables. Air fryer roasted tomato is a perfect example of vegetable roasting by an air fryer.
Which Variety of Tomatoes is Perfect to Roast in an Air Fryer?
There are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes on our planet Earth. All these varieties are different depending upon their taste, size, shape, color, etc. However, you cannot cook every one of them in an air fryer. The perfect tomato variety to make air fryer roasted tomatoes is Roma tomatoes. They are rich in pulp, large in size, and readily available, so they are the perfect choice for this recipe.
How to Serve the Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes?
It’s a treat to have air fryer roasted tomatoes as a side dish. So, it would be most suitable to serve them with some beef steaks or grilled chicken. It can also be served with some bread and a dipping sauce.
Experts’ Suggestion to Attain Perfection
- Wash the tomatoes properly, dry them, and cut them into halves.
- Coat the tomatoes evenly with olive oil, salt, spices, some seasoning of your choice, and chopped rosemary. Pompeian olive oil is the perfect pick for this dish.
- Grease the air fryer’s basket thoroughly so no tomatoes sticking takes place. Otherwise, it will create a mess.
More Side Dish Recipes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
Air Fryer Roasted Tomatoes
- 6 fresh Roma tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, add tomato halves, rosemary, and salt and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the tomato halves into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 20-25 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the roasted tomatoes from Air Fryer and serve.