You are missing around all the fun if you have not prepared bok choy in an air fryer already!
One of life’s pleasures is air-fried baby bok choy, which takes less than 20 minutes to prepare from start to finish.
The leaves of young bok choy get crispy when cooked in the air fryer, while the stems become sweet and delicate. All you need is a little spray oil, garlic powder, and some sesame seeds.
What Exactly Is Bok Choy?
Bok Choy is a cabbage that can be eaten raw in a salad or cooked into stir-fries, soups, sauces, and side dishes, among other things. It has solid and crisp stalks on its green leaves. When cooked, it has a sweet flavor and a soft texture. Bok choy is sometimes known as “Chinese cabbage” or “white mustard.”
Is Bok Choy Healthy for Us?
Definitely! Bok Choy is a very healthy vegetable enriched with nutrients. Vitamin C, found in bok choy, is an antioxidant that fights free radicals. It may assist in lowering the risk of sun, smoking, and pollution-related skin damage. Vitamin C also aids in the creation of natural collagen in the body, which may aid in the reduction of indications of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
What to Use Instead of Oil to Make Air Fryer Bok Choy?
If you don’t want to use oil, toss your bok choy in a mixture of soy sauce and maple syrup. The maple syrup will assist the soy sauce in adhering to the leaves, preventing them from drying out during the cooking process.
Can We Overcook Bok Choy?
Bok choy should not be overdone. The leaves will become too soggy, and the crisp texture will give way to an unpleasant, not-quite-mush appearance. Like spinach, I like to add leaves at the end of the cooking process.
Side Dish Recipes
Air Fryer Bok Choy
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 bunches baby bok choy bottoms removed and leaves separated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of the Air Fryer to 325 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the bok choy leaves into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Then spray the bok choy leaves with cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 6 minutes.
- While cooking, shake the basket after every 2 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the bok choy leaves from Air Fryer and transfer onto serving plates.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.