Can you make smoky, spicy, sweet BBQ chicken wings without grilling?
You cannot, but I can, and after reading this recipe, you can too!
So, Cheers! We are going to make my favorite air fryer BBQ chicken wings just like restaurant-style minus grilling.
Why is it Better to Air Fry BBQ Chicken Wings?
BBQ chicken wings should be crispy on the exterior and juicy on the inside, and the air fryer is ideal for doing so. Frying food in fat is messy and heavy but using an air fryer gives it that flavor without the heaviness of grease.
How Much Time Does It Take to Fry Wings in an Air Fryer?
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 380°F and cook the wings for 24 minutes before flipping them using tongs. Then change the heat to 400°F and cook for another 6 minutes. Make sure the wings aren’t touching in the fryer basket (if necessary to fit, line up the drumettes standing upright along the sides).
Which BBQ Sauce Should I use for This Recipe?
You can use whichever brand and flavor you and your family prefer. I often use the brand Sweet Baby Rays, but It doesn’t matter what flavor you use, as long as you enjoy a decent BBQ sauce.
Is It Possible to Reheat Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings?
They’re best eaten right away, but if you have any leftovers, you can quickly reheat them in your air fryer. Although every air fryer is different, around 2-3 minutes should suffice.
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 lb chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 380°F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken wings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 24 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken wings once halfway through.
- After 24 minutes of cooking, adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F for 6 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken wings from Air Fryer and transfer into a bowl.
- Add the BBQ sauce and toss to coat well.
- Serve immediately.
More Chicken Recipes