Air fryer barbecue chicken is an excellent dish for dinner. The variety of sauces and spices in bbq makes your mouth watery.
The air fryer makes it easy to get barbeque chicken in a much shorter period. Moreover, the juicy inside texture with crispy thick outside texture is the perfect combination for your taste buds.
It is indeed a classic and everyone’s favorite dish!
Why Is It Easier to Cook BBQ Chicken in An Air Fryer?
Air fryer BBQ chicken can be cooked simply in the air fryer. There is no time wasted in heating the grill. You do not either have to wait for the oven to preheat.
Moreover, an Air Fryer doesn’t need to be preheated, and most of them do so rapidly. For better results, you can preheat it for 5 minutes.
All you need to do is rub the chicken with salt and pepper. Then, place it in the fryer basket. Cook it and flip it. Your dinner is ready!
Can I Use Sauces in The Air Fryer to Cook BBQ Chicken?
The air fryer allows you to use sauces. You can put tomatoes on BBQ chicken to make it juicy. You can also spray sauces on it and make it even more delicious. After 15 minutes of air frying chicken, spread sauce on the drumsticks and heat them again until cooked.
How Much Time Does an Air Fryer Take to Cook Barbecue Chicken?
It only takes 25 minutes to cook BBQ Chicken in an air fryer. After all the preparations, preheat the fryer for 5 minutes. Slide the chicken inside the air fryer and cook it for 15 minutes. Then, flip the drumsticks after applying the sauce. Fry again for 5-7 minutes. Your barbecue chicken is ready to delight you with its classic taste.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 chicken drumstick
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, spices, salt and black pepper.
- Rub the chicken drumsticks with oil mixture generously.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken drumsticks into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 25 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of cooking, flip the drumsticks.
- After 20 minutes of cooking, flip the drumsticks and coat with the BBQ sauce evenly.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the drumsticks from Air Fryer and serve.