Do you want to know a snack that serves as the best appetizers? Air Fryer Blooming Onion is all you need to know about in this regard.
Air fryer blooming onions is an onion snack. An onion is cut into a flower-like shape and dipped in a mixture. Then, it is air-fried and comes out as a crispy, juicy and delicious snack.
The air fryer can fry a blooming onion in 10 minutes only. It does not either need oil to air fry the blooming onion.
What Are the Benefits of Air Fryer Blooming Onion?
Air fryer blooming onion is a very nutritional snack. It is enriched with antioxidants. It helps your health in many ways. It protects you from heart diseases blood clotting and maintains blood pressure. When you air fry blooming onion, its nutritional contents remain healthy. Hence, air-fried onions are good for health.
How Can I Prepare Onions to Make a Blooming Onion?
You can easily prepare onions to make a blooming onion.
- First, cut the ½ inch of the onion’s tapered stem.
- Peel the onion thoroughly and place it on the cutting board.
- Place it on the cutting board in a way that the cut-side is down.
- Cut the onion downwards (starting ½ inch from the root.)
- Cut the onion into four evenly spaced cuts around an onion.
- Cut each section. Consequently, they will result in 16 slices.
- Gently separate the outer pieces. The onion would turn into a flower-like shape.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Prepare the Coatings of Blooming Onion?
You need only four ingredients to make coatings of Blooming onion: all-purpose flour, milk, old bay seasoning, and eggs.
- First Coating: Coat onion with flour and seasoning mixture
- Second Coating: Pour milk and eggs mixture on onion with a spoon until fully coated.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Gardein Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- 1 large onion
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp old bay seasoning
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Cut off ½-inch from the pointy stem end of the onion.
- Then peel the onion and place onto a cutting board, cut-side down.
- Starting ½-inch from the root, make a downward cut all the way through.
- Repeat this process to make four evenly spaced cuts around the onion.
- Then again, slice between each section to have 16 evenly spaced cuts.
- Flip the onion over and with your fingers, gently separate the outer pieces.
- In a bowl, add flour and seasonings and mix well.
- In another bowl, add the milk and eggs and beat lightly.
- Sprinkle the onion with flour mixture and then coat generously.
- Shake off the excess flour mixture from onion.
- With a spoon, pour the milk mixture over the onion evenly.
- Again, sprinkle with flour mixture lightly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the onion into the greased Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8-10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the onion from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply