As a mother, you always want to make quick and delicious snacks for your kids. But it isn’t easy to make new snacks for them every other day, which are healthy as well.
Therefore, we are here to make things easier for you!
Air fryer radish chips are some quick and healthier snacks that are going to be loved by your children. Check out the recipe and make your kids happy.
What are Radishes?
Radish is a vegetable that belongs to the Brassicaceae family of plants. It is very similar to turnips and yams in shape. The only visible difference is in their color. They are used worldwide in salads to make them attractive and somehow crunchy.
How to Prepare Radishes to Cook Them in an Air Fryer?
First, you have to wash the radishes and then cut them. You don’t have to peel them as they give these chips a colorful appearance. Then cut thin slices of them just like potato chips. After that, take these slices in a shallow tray and coat them well using olive oil, salt, pepper, and some other spices along with seasonings of your choice.
Why Use Radish to Make Chips Instead of Potatoes?
After cooking in the air fryer, radish chips taste similar to regular potato chips. The reason to use radish for making chips instead of potatoes is to provide snacks to those who follow a Ketogenic diet, as there is a low percentage of carbs in radish.
What could be used to Season Air Fryer Radish Chips to Make Them Perfect?
If you want to keep it simple, salt and pepper is the best option to season them. Otherwise, you can season them with any of your favorite seasonings. A combination of garlic powder and diced parsley will make a perfect seasoning for them.
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Radish Chips
- 1 lb radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- In a bowl, add radish slices, oil, garlic powder, salt and black pepper and toss to coat well.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 370°F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the radish slices into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes of cooking, shake the basket and spray the chips with cooking spray.
- Adjust the temperature to 400 °F to preheat for 8-10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the radish chips from Air Fryer and serve.