No list of appetizers can be completed without including chicken wings in it. Chicken wings are one of the traditional appetizers liked by almost every generation.
However, making them without letting them burn or remain undercooked is a hard row to hoe.
However, with this fantastic air fryer buffalo chicken wings recipe, you can make these crispy and flavored appetizers any time you want.
Why Should You Air Fry Your Buffalo Chicken Wings Instead of Deep Frying Them?
The authentic and traditional way to make buffalo chicken wings is to deep fry them to make them crispier outside and juicy inside. However, this also results in a lot of oil intake when you eat them.
Therefore, it is suggested that you should use your air fryer to make them as you are not at risk of ingesting a lot of oil and will get the same crispy and soft texture.
What Treatment Should be Given to Wings for Making Buffalo Chicken Wings?
Take your wings and wash them, adding a minimal amount of vinegar in the water, and then wash with clear water. Tab dry them and cut them into drumettes and flats. Remember that you don’t have to remove the bones as the perfect look and taste will only be given by boned wings.
How to Season the Wings for Making Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings?
First of all, take your wings in a bowl and add some olive oil, grounded black pepper, and salt to it. Then add some soy sauce with low sodium content; otherwise, it will make the wings too salty. And then add some red-hot sauce to bring the tangy and hot flavor. Mix them well and let them cook into the air fryer. You can also season them in two steps first, use olive oil, chicken seasoning, etc. After cooking for 10 minutes, use sauces to season them.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 lb chicken wings cut into drumettes and flats
- ½ tsp chicken seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- to taste ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 400 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each chicken wing with chicken seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper evenly.
- After preheating, arrange the chicken wings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- While cooking, flip the chicken wings once halfway through.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken wings from Air Fryer and transfer into a bowl.
- Add the hot sauce, oil and soy sauce and toss to coat well.
- Again, arrange the chicken wings into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and adjust the temperature to 400 °F for 8-12 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the chicken wings from Air Fryer and serve.
Leave a Reply