I like breadcrumb’s coated snacks. More so, if they are soft and have cheese in them. If you have started drooling, make these air fryer cheesy rice bites and enjoy scrumptious snack time if you have started drooling.
This recipe is fun to create with kids as they love making rice balls and hiding mozzarella cubes in them. Let me tell you what else I love about this recipe.
What Do I like About This Air Fryer Cheesy Rice Bites?
Risotto packed with cheese that has been breaded and fried? What’s not to like about this? But, if I had to choose a few, I’d say:
It includes some of my favorite ingredients – Risotto, cheese, and breadcrumbs. YUM!
It’s made in an air fryer – it doesn’t scent like fried food, it’s not drenched in oil, it’s easy to clean up, and it makes me feel less guilty!
The kids love rolling and stuffing the risotto balls – so this is a great recipe to prepare with them.
It’s ideal for preparing ahead of time and freezing – you can make it a day earlier and freeze.
How to Prepare Cheesy Rice Bites?
It is an easy-to-make recipe. First, you have to make risotto – for this, use your traditional risotto recipe. Then take a bowl and mix risotto, parmesan cheese, and one beaten egg. Make the equal size of balls from this mixture by adding a mozzarella cube in the center. Dip these balls in an already whisked egg and then coat with breadcrumbs evenly.
Can I Make Cheese Rice Bites Ahead of Time?
Yes, this is the beauty of this recipe. Make your cheesy rice bites, but don’t fry them. Place them on a cookie sheet with some room between them. Freeze the cookie sheet for at least an hour (preventing them from sticking together). Place all of the bites in a big resealable freezer baggie. Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight, then air fry when you’re ready to cook!
More Snack Recipes
Air Fryer Cheesy Rice Bites
- 3 cups cooked risitto
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 3 ounce mozzarella cheese cubed
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- Non-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix together the risotto, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
- Make 20 equal-sized balls from the mixture.
- Insert a mozzarella cube in the center of each ball.
- With your fingers, smooth the risotto mixture to cover the mozzarella.
- In a shallow dish, place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat the balls with breadcrumbs evenly.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 390 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange half of the balls into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the balls from Air Fryer and place onto a platter.
- Repeat with the remaining balls.