Potatoes are widely used all across the globe in making different types of snacks and appetizers. They become the main focus when it comes to following a vegan diet. However, you have got bored of making the same recipes out of potatoes.
Therefore, we came up with this exciting air fryer tater tots recipe to fill an appetizer’s space on your dining table. It will take almost no effort to make these cheese-loaded tater tots using your air fryer.
Why Make These Cheesy Tater Tots in Your Air Fryer?
You have to cook them in two shifts. First, you must cook tater tots and then cook them again, adding other ingredients. It will be difficult for you to handle this in other cooking equipment such as an oven or a domestic stove. The air fryer will make it extremely easy for you to handle all these things. Another benefit is that you can prepare other things when cooking tater tots in the air fryer.
Can You Use Frozen Tater Tots to Make This Recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen tater tots for that purpose. It is probably the best way of making tater tots as it will take a lot of time if you want to prepare them from zero point. When you use frozen tots, you first have to cook them alone in the air fryer and then mix them with other ingredients and cook again. The time tots are cooking in the air fryer; you can get other ingredients ready to save your time.
- Make sure to set the temperature of the air fryer at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. It must remain the same for preheating and both cooking phases.
- Coat the tater tots well with a mixture of cheese, tomatoes, and other ingredients to better penetrate flavors.
- Serving them with some ketchup or cheese sauce will do the trick to take it to perfection.
More Appetizer Recipes
Air Fryer Cheesy Tater Tots
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 lb frozen tater tots
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup tomato chopped
- ¼ cup black olives pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray and then slide inside.
- Adjust the temperature of Air Fryer to 450 °F to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, arrange the tater tots into the greased Air Fryer Basket in a single layer.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and set the time for 15 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the tater tots from Air Fryer and transfer into a large-sized bowl.
- Add feta cheese, tomatoes, olives and onion and toss to coat well.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Now, place the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Arrange the baking pan into the Air Fryer Basket.
- Slide the basket into Air Fryer and adjust the temperature to 450 °F for 10 minutes.
- After cooking time is finished, remove the baking pan from Air Fryer and serve warm.